Welcome to High and Wide!
My name is Cameron Semple and my passion is being active in the outdoors and documenting that experience for others to share.
I grew up in Brisbane and for as long as I can remember camping and bushwalking was the name of the game. Family trips to National Parks such as Girraween and Lamington, as you’ll see in the blog, left lasting impressions, and inspired me to pursue and expand on these experiences to the present day.
In 2016 my Wife and I fullfilled a long-term desire to move to Tasmania. This beautiful state has more than its fair share of potential for adventures, and we are enjoying getting out and about as much as possible.
Blogging and Social Media
The Hiking in South-East Queensland blog was first published in 2010. Please feel free to browse the archives, or pick a category to find a walk from a particular park. My blog and website has also been archived as part of the Australian National Library PANDORA web archive since 2013.
I am a passionate, self-taught photographer. Looking back through the blog’s archive, my progression in this field is on full display. Clicking on any of the links under the “Portfolio & Print Store” drop down above will take you through to my Zenfolio based photography page. Zenfolio provides a robust and secure method for purchasing prints or digital rights to any of my images. If there is something not available here drop me a message using the form below.
I am available for commissioned work or special requests so if you have something in mind let me know. My skills and knowledge in the outdoors provide a unique opportunity for you to obtain unique and interesting images that match your needs.
Some recognition of my work includes:
- First Place in the “On the Edge” category of the 2013 Queensland Outdoor Recreation Federation, Visioning the Outdoors Competition with “Climbing Conquistador“
- Clients including Queensland National Parks
- Multiple written and photographic publications in the Bushwalking Australia e-magazine
- Published in Wild Magazine
- Images published in the 2016 Frog Buttress climbing guide
- Shortlisted in the QORF Visioning the Outdoors competition 2016
- Shortlisted in the “Live the Adventure” category of the 2015 Outdoor Photographer of the Year competition.
- Selected as a top 5 “Emerging Photographer” in Capture Magazine’s 2015 Annual edition
- Top 50 in the CVCE International Mountain Activity photo competition 2017 with “New Paths”
Get in contact: